Ernest and Agnes Brown established a homestead on the land we now live. They were the original homesteaders. Ernest was a JP (Justice of the Peace). There are stories of the trials held around the small kitchen table on the homestead. Twice a year Ernest would make a two day trip to Assiniboia (45 minute drive now) for supplies. They moved off the farm in the early 1940's.
Lots of space for the cows
Home Crops Livestock Weather Garden PicturesContact infoMapLinks
Ernest Brown - 1930's
Aerial veiw of farmyard in 1957 or 58

 

Natural shade
Green hills
Fencing
Fencing in pasture
Buffalo Beans
Wildflowers
Some of our other critters...
Spring & baby chicks
Chicks are all grown up
The one and only Eddie....
Visiting Grand-kitty - Max
Grand-kitty Tango & the great pumpkin
Grand-kitty Jazz under the Christmas tree
Winter on the Farm
Happy New Year !!!
In 1956, Bill & Isabell (Winton's folks) bought the farmsite and farmed until the late 1990's. We began farming in 1979 and have farmed organically since 2000.
Colwyn and Grandma
Rina, Ben & Colwyn
Family Pics